Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2013/01/02 18:53:47 UTC

Dropping the year(s) on the copy right headers

Hello members,

in the past we changed the license headers of our code, removing the year.

Is there (couldn't find it) a reference to it, on the why? Leaving the
year out, means the code is under copyright forever? (instead of just
in a year, or a certain range)?

Thanks!
-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: Dropping the year(s) on the copy right headers

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
I wonder if it was a misunderstanding of the practice to drop the
copyright statement from the source files, instead keeping it in the
NOTICE file? The same way every page of a book doesn't have a
copyright statement on it :)

Hen

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.