Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/07 11:03:54 UTC

InstallApacheFlex - with updated License screen

Team,

I have updated the InstallApacheFlex app to include the license text and
urls for each of the installed components.  I am also enforcing that the
user explicitly agree to all the licenses before proceeding to
installation.

The code is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/utilities/tags/RC6 (as well
as in the trunk)

Please check out the code and give me your feedback.  Once folks are happy
with the the updated UI, we will go ahead and create a new Release
Candidate.

Thanks,
Om

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

Re: InstallApacheFlex - with updated License screen

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 10/8/12 2:49 PM, "Om" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds good to me.  Fixed in trunk.

OK, I am happy with that screen.  I am now running the rest of the installer
just in case, which will take a while.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: InstallApacheFlex - with updated License screen

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi Om,
>
> Thanks for putting in all this work.  I built the trunk and ran the DMG.  I
> have a few comments:
>
> When you first get to the licensing screen, it says:
>
> "These components have license agreements other than Apache License V2."
>
> But the very first thing in the list on the left is "Apache Flex SDK" which
> is ALV2.
>
> We could reword that first blurb, but I think that the "Apache Flex SDK"
> option doesn't need to be there?  Other Apache installs don't require
> acceptance of the license?

I am more inclined towards rewording the blurb.  Apache Flex SDK is one of
the components we are installing and it makes sense to prompt users to
explicitly agree to the Apache license.  I dont see it being any different
than the other components we are installing, in this regard.

> I didn't go past that screen, but I assume nothing else changed?  The links
> to the licenses for AIR SDK and PlayerGlobal look right to me.

Visually, nothing else has changed in the other screens, but code-wise -
I've changed up quite a bit of the logic that takes care of the
installation of components.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Om,

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: InstallApacheFlex - with updated License screen

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
bump...

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Om,

>From trunk, it looks great in my eyes (although my eyes glaze over on the
details of the licensing stuff).  I'm excited for it :)

-Nick

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.
Om,

Don't forget to update the RC6 tag with your changes.

Carol

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.
Om,

The RC6 tag is now old as I discovered.

I think the license text changes look ok. The SwfObject component in the
list should be SWFObject since that is it's name and that is what is in
the license text.

The license agreement ui feels unnatural to me but it's ok for now.   The
red boxes on the left look like checkboxes to me and it always takes me
awhile to remember I can't click them but have to check the "I Agree,
Install" box at the bottom.  I click on a component, read the license, and
then want to check the red box to make it green.

Note sure why but the bottom of the install log dialog has a tiny piece of
the logo on the bottom.

Carol