Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Jung, Eric (Contractor)" <ej...@russellmellon.com> on 2002/09/27 19:01:34 UTC

SimpleServer vs. Tomcat 4.0.x

Hi group,
When I deploy my service "Schedules" in Tomcat 4.0.4 and go to
http://localhost:8080/services/Schedules?wsdl the wsdl returns as expected.
Same thing when I call methods on my Tomcat-hosted service from a client;
everything works fine.

However, when I run the service using Axis SimpleServer, all calls return:

AxisFault faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.NoService
faultString: The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!
targetService is null faultActor: null faultDetail: The AXIS engine could
not find a target service to invoke! targetService is null at
org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.generateWSDL(AxisServer.java:484) at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisWorker.run(SimpleAxisWorker.java:32
3) at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer.run(SimpleAxisServer.java:16
7) at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer.start(SimpleAxisServer.java:
206) at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer.start(SimpleAxisServer.java:
214) at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer.main(SimpleAxisServer.java:2
77

My targetService is not null. Even typing
http://localhost:8080/services/Schedules?wsdl in a browser returns this
fault.

I tried using Axis nightly build from 9-27-02 (today) and Beta 3 release,
but I get the same results with both. This used to work!

Any ideas?

TYIA,
Eric H. Jung

Re: SimpleServer vs. Tomcat 4.0.x

Posted by Weicheng Peng <we...@voxa.com>.
You didn't deploy your web service in Simple Server.
Weicheng