Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Sal Bass <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2009/05/07 15:29:09 UTC

Stored procs with inline params works?

OK, can a more seasoned Ibatis person tell me why I shoult NOT use something like this when calling stored procs?

exec dbo.uspTest #Number,dbType=VarChar#, #ID,dbType=Int#

I have tried multiple tests and it works just fine. The reason why I am doing this is soley because I really hate using parameter maps for stored procs and want to use inline params. So, is there a hidden time bomb in my example that I am not seeing?

Hotmail® goes with you.

RE: Stored procs with inline params works?

Posted by Sal Bass <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Oops, part of my code was removed. The exec statement below is inside of a select element in a sqlmap xml file.

> From: salbass575@hotmail.com
> To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
> Subject: Stored procs with inline params works?
> Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 09:29:09 -0400
>

> OK, can a more seasoned Ibatis person tell me why I shoult NOT use something like this when calling stored procs?
>

> exec dbo.uspTest #Number,dbType=VarChar#, #ID,dbType=Int#
>

> I have tried multiple tests and it works just fine. The reason why I am doing this is soley because I really hate using parameter maps for stored procs and want to use inline params. So, is there a hidden time bomb in my example that I am not seeing?

> Hotmail® goes with you.
> http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_Mobile1_052009
Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.

Re: Stored procs with inline params works?

Posted by Vincent Apesa <vi...@gmail.com>.
I do that occassionally myself as well because parameters maps are a pain..