Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by MattR <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/25 19:20:22 UTC

Qpid Proton C++ 32-bit Support?

Hi All,

I was wondering, does Qpid Proton C++ still support 32-bit builds? We have a
couple of legacy applications that are 32-bit using the old (OLD) Qpid (0.32
if I remember correctly) while the rest are based on 64-bit. Currently I can
only find x86_64 based rpms, so I'm assuming that is now the be-all end-all.
Is there a way to build/install the Qpid Proton C++ lib as 32-bit or do I
need to convince the higher-ups that we need to switch solely to 64-bit
support?

Thanks,

Matt R.

Re: Qpid Proton C++ 32-bit Support?

Posted by MattR <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply, Ted!

If that is the case, then it seems my biggest issue is knowing what 32-bit
lib dependencies are required and if there are rhel7 versions available. If
there are any 32-bit dependencies no longer managed and secured by red hat,
then we will definitely want to look into going purely 64-bit. Would you be
able to provide any insight into that information?

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
Hi Matt,

There are downstream distributions of Proton, including the C++ client,
that are still being built for 32-bit architectures (i686).  There's
nothing in the code that prevents a 32-bit build.  From where are you
getting your RPMs?

-Ted