Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by jon * <jo...@clearink.com> on 1999/10/12 19:30:01 UTC

Re: mod_jserv/5128: URGENT!!! cannot load native code (JNI) from a servlet

The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/5128; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "jon *" <jo...@clearink.com>
To: Jerome.DeGuzman@securetrade.com
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: mod_jserv/5128: URGENT!!! cannot load native code (JNI) from a
	 servlet
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:24:50 -0700

 > I'm getting a "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no HelloWorld in
 > java.library.path" whenever I invoke JNI from a servlet. But it
 > works fine in a java application. I already tried moving my dll
 > files to "C:\JDK1.2.1\bin" but it only works the first time the
 > servlet is run. It then fails on subsequent calls. I know this
 > is already an old problem, that custom class loaders do not support
 > JNI, but I just want to know if you already have a solution to this
 > problem.
 >
 > Please help me. It's very IMPORTANT!!!
 > Thanks a lot =)

 The answer is in the FAQ...

 <http://java.apache.org/faq/>

 You need to have the path to your .dll in the java.library.path.

 If it works on the first time, but fails the rest of the time, then that is
 probably a problem with your .dll or servlet.

 Think about it, lots and lots of people use native JDBC drivers just
 fine...you just need to have your configuration correct.

 -jon