Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/15 14:55:52 UTC

Farewell party for Gyula - "Flink" style

Hi all,

Disclaimer: this mail is not strongly related to the development of Apache
Flink. It shares some of the joy that we have experienced due to the
development of the project. Please treat it accordingly.

Gyula, one of the core streaming developers is moving to Sweden to continue
his studies thus is physically leaving the Budapest team - but fortunately
stays on the project. :)

We decided to throw a farewell party for him on Wednesday and to make it a
bit extraordinary made Flink themed treats for it.

As a base we've started from the logo plan Robert posted here:
http://people.apache.org/~rmetzger/ApacheFlink.png

Flink themed treats:
http://info.ilab.sztaki.hu/~mbalassi/photos/flink_party/DSC_0046.JPG
http://info.ilab.sztaki.hu/~mbalassi/photos/flink_party/DSC_0066.JPG

Some other stuff to stimulate your saliva flow:
http://info.ilab.sztaki.hu/~mbalassi/photos/flink_party/DSC_0055.JPG
http://info.ilab.sztaki.hu/~mbalassi/photos/flink_party/DSC_0063.JPG

Most of the Budapest Flink team (plus my lovely sister :)):
http://info.ilab.sztaki.hu/~mbalassi/photos/flink_party/DSC_0083.JPG

The three guys who kicked off the development in Budapest:
http://info.ilab.sztaki.hu/~mbalassi/photos/flink_party/DSC_0087.JPG

Cake eating in progress:
http://info.ilab.sztaki.hu/~mbalassi/photos/flink_party/DSC_0111.JPG

Cheers,
Marton

Re: Farewell party for Gyula - "Flink" style

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! I will surely do, I'm staying in Linköping :)

Posted by Martin Neumann <mn...@spotify.com>.

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <u....@fu-berlin.de>.

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@apache.org>.
Yummy cake :-)

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Looks very cool!

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Wow, this is very nice post Márton, thanks for sharing!  Good luck
with your study Gyula.

Will see you around in the dev@ list and hangout =)

- Henry