Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2006/11/01 07:42:46 UTC

When will the maven-dependency-plugin be functional?

I have been using the dependency-maven-plugin from the mojo project
for months now... but it appears to not refresh dependencies when
copying or unpacking when the artifacts have changed.  I just tried
changing the plugin to:

     <version>2.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT</version>

But this does not work at all... none of the goals are executed.

What is going on with the dependency plugin?  Its kinda been in limbo
since it was moved to the maven project at apache.

--jason

Re: When will the maven-dependency-plugin be functional?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.

Jason,

What's not working?    I've also been using quite a bit on some internal
projects to work around other bugs in the mojo version.

Is there any way you could create a small pom.xml or small project that
would demonstrate the issue?

Dan

On Wednesday November 01 2006 1:42 am, Jason Dillon wrote:
> I have been using the dependency-maven-plugin from the mojo project
> for months now... but it appears to not refresh dependencies when
> copying or unpacking when the artifacts have changed.  I just tried
> changing the plugin to:
>
>      <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>      <artifactId>maven-dependency-plugin</artifactId>
>      <version>2.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT</version>
>
> But this does not work at all... none of the goals are executed.
>
> What is going on with the dependency plugin?  Its kinda been in limbo
> since it was moved to the maven project at apache.
>
> --jason

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer
IONA
P: 781-902-8727    C: 508-380-7194   F:781-902-8001
daniel.kulp@iona.com

RE: When will the maven-dependency-plugin be functional?

Posted by asankha <as...@wso2.com>.
Even when I specify the exact <version> as
        <version>2.0-alpha1-SNAPSHOT</version>
I get the following:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.maven.plugins
ArtifactId: maven-dependency-plugin
Version: 2.0-alpha1-SNAPSHOT

  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:pom:2.0-alpha1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  openejb (http://www.openejb.org/maven),
  codehaus (http://dist.codehaus.org),
  Apache People (http://people.apache.org/repository),
  sourceforge (http://jibx.sourceforge.net/maven),
  snapshot (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2/),
  ibiblio (http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2),
  asankha (http://people.apache.org/~asankha/maven),
  Apache Dist (http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository),
  maven-snaps (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  snapshot-apache (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  sunsite (http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/maven)

Note that it looked at   snapshot-apache
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository), and failed to find
the plugin...

thanks
asankha