Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Sean Barclay <sb...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> on 2014/11/30 07:45:51 UTC

CouchDB Rebrand Logo Concepts

Hello Everybody,

My team put together a few ideas for the CouchDB rebrand. They can be
considered preliminary ideas that can be taken further and refined if
need be.

Take a look here and let us know what you think.

https://app.box.com/s/cko5yt2hqbcbejgu2qtl

Cheers,
--Sean

p.s. I'm sending this again because I didn't see it come through on the
mailing list with my new email.

Re: CouchDB Rebrand Logo Concepts

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Thx

Posted by Nick Pavlica <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Noah,

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nick Pavlica <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean!

Posted by Johs Ensby <jo...@b2w.com>.
Sean,
the idea of a couch icon instead of the word is a brilliant idea for a supplementary version of the logo (symbol, bug in the corner of slides etc)
I also like it because it builds on the name as it has been established (the couch and the red couch). Often the work of establishing a brand in the early phase is undervalued and new names/symbols are introduced and the brand building needs to start all over again (llike switching to “flowDB” would set us quite a few years back).
You just proposed a way forward with the couch that is more on the CocaCola/Shell type of gradual refinement and simplification down to the essence of the brand.

Johs

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Heya Sean,