Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Melka, Martin" <me...@avast.com> on 2016/05/19 07:36:40 UTC

How to run dependency:unpack-dependencies for plugin dependencies?

Hi, I have an issue I am not able to find an answer to.

How do I configure *dependency:unpack-dependencies* to process dependencies
declared inside the <plugins> section?

There are three artifacts in this story: "product", "plugin" and
"compiler".
  - "Plugin" depends on a "compiler" of a particular version.
  - In order to create "product", I need to download "plugin", its
"compiler" and unpack them (they contain binaries I need to run)
  - The usage of "product" should not depend on "plugin", therefore I
declared dependency on it inside the <plugin> section. The plugin (and
compiler) are only needed to build the artifact, not to use it.

The problem is that it seems the *dependency:unpack-dependencies* Maven
plugin only looks for project dependencies, not plugin dependencies.

*dependency:unpack* is able to unpack a plugin dependency, but I need to
explicitly state its GAVC, which I do not know (for the transitive
dependency - compiler).

Detailed question on SO is here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37304236/maven-unpack-dependencies-of-a-plugin-dependency

Thank you all

--

*Martin Melka *| *Junior Release Engineer*

*AVAST Software s.r.o.* | Budějovická 1518/13a | 140 00  Praha 4

*M* +420 721 113 324

*E* melka@avast.com <em...@avast.com> | *W* www.avast.com