Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jaya_srini <jy...@Hotmail.com> on 2008/03/06 03:11:52 UTC

Not all consumers receiving the message

Hi

I am new to ActiveMQ and I am hoping someone can help me troubleshoot the
behaviour I am seeing.

I have ActiveMq 5.0 standalone broker running on my machine.

One the same machine I also have a Tomcat Service that creates a durable
subscriber (say Consumer 1) and is listening for any messages
asynchrounously from a topic

I created another durable subscriber on the same machine (say Consumer 2)
thru a Java App and is also listening for messages asynchronously on the
same topic

When I publish a message to the topic through the Java App , I noticed that
it is being received by Consumer 2 (that is on the same connection) but
Consumer 1 (which is on a different connection) does not receive the
message.

Since both consumer 1 and consumer 2 are listening on the same topic ,
shouldn't they both get the message?

I read the FAQ and verified that connection.start() was called on both of
them. I am using the default prefetch policy.

Can someone please help me troubleshoot this further?

thanks much
jaya