Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Joe Stein <ch...@allthingshadoop.com> on 2011/08/06 23:23:33 UTC

Slow generation of blockReport at DataNode

Does anyone have some workarounds I can try for "Slow generation of
blockReport at DataNode causes delay of sending heartbeat to NameNode"?  I
see it is closed JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-4584 in
0.21 release but looking to-do something now that will solve this without
having to upgrade.

Any folks have this that have worked around it or anyone have any ideas it
would be greatly appreciated.

I have already tried cronning  find ./ to my hdfs directories but no go.

Thanks in advance.

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
Twitter: @allthingshadoop
*/

Re: Slow generation of blockReport at DataNode

Posted by Adi <ad...@gmail.com>.
dfs.heartbeat.interval3Determines datanode heartbeat interval in seconds.
Increasing the heartbeat interval could be an option?
OTOH delay in finding a data node is down might cause data loss.

-Adi