Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Victor B. Gonzalez" <ap...@vbgunz.com> on 2003/05/26 21:03:14 UTC

Re[4]: [users@httpd] Installing and configuring Apache2 to work with *Subst* Directories...

Hello WC,

>> "Could not start the Apache2 service on Local Computer (I am the only
>> admin on the box) Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified.

WSJ> Don't you feel the Z drive must be mounted and available at all times?
WSJ> When your script finishes it [the drive] is likely unmounted...

I was thinking if I could just get Apache to work on the subst drive
I'll aim to complete a very basic script which would launch the
creation of the drive *before* invoking the launch of the server...

Also a special .cmd file should be created to kill the server then
kill the Z:\ drive...

WSJ> Have you done this with other Apache installs and did those drives stay
WSJ> mounted?

Actually I never worked with Apache. I've been working with a pretty
popular GUI server and never had to manually edit its configuration
file... But, I've found myself editing the php.ini and the http.conf
looks somewhat similar... I will give Apache a try...

I even tried the "net use" command but Apache still seems to have a
problem starting up... I know the answer is out there and I'll get to
it, hopefully soon enough, I just need a little insight :)

Thank you for your time Jones, your help is surely appreciated :)

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

Apache_2.0.45-win32-x86-no_ssl
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1