Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> on 2008/08/16 16:22:03 UTC

Apache Qpid M3 Beta available.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a release in possession
of few blockers, must be in want of a beta.

Apache Qpid M3 is impending

Hot new features include:
 AMQP 0-10 support in the Java, Python and C++ clients and the C++ broker
 ACLs and Role Based Access Control
 Java broker supports priority queues
 Apache Derby based persistent store for the Java broker

A full set of release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312117&styleName=Html&projectId=12310520&Create=Create

Download it from http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-beta/ and
provide feedback to qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org or via Jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID

Disclaimer: this is a beta, for novelty use only. Do not eat. May
contain traces of nuts. Not a significant source of vitamin c. Can
help weight loss as part of a calorie controlled diet. Apache Qpid,
ask your doctor if Apache Qpid is right for you.

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt

Re: Apache Qpid M3 Beta available.

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 12:14 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> Aidan Skinner wrote:
> > Ugh, sorry about that.
>
> No need to apologise for anything, theres nothing you did wrong. Its a
> bug in the build.
>
> > Is it worth re-rolling with that fix?
>
> It will be worth re-rolling, but maybe best to wait for a bit more beta
> testing first(?) in case there are other fixes required. I'd also like
> to wait for a sanity check from Alan in case some other fix is preferred.

I think a better solution is to make --without-cluster the default even
if openais is installed. That will only affect people working on cluster
code and will ensure there's no scope for problems with other missing
files (cluster sources etc.) if it's enable by accident.

Will commit the fix shortly.

Re: Apache Qpid M3 Beta available.

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Aidan Skinner wrote:
>>
>> Download it from http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-beta/ and
>> provide feedback to qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org or via Jira:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID
>
> There is an issue[1] with running 'make check' for the c++ dist on systems
> with openais installed due to ais_check is not being included. The
> workaround if you are testing on such a system is to specify --without-cpg
> to configure.

Ugh, sorry about that. Is it worth re-rolling with that fix?

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> Download it from http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-beta/ and
> provide feedback to qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org or via Jira:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID

There is an issue[1] with running 'make check' for the c++ dist on
systems with openais installed due to ais_check is not being included.
The workaround if you are testing on such a system is to specify
--without-cpg to configure.

Attached is a patch that fixes this by always including the cluster
related test scripts in the distribution. Alan, are you happy with this
fix? If so I'll check it in.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1249

Re: Apache Qpid M3 Beta available.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.