Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> on 2003/09/02 18:35:30 UTC

StackOverflowError with error2html.xslt stylesheet

Does anyone know what the "returns2br" template in the error2html.xslt
is good for?

What it does is changing newlines in the error messages (such as the
stacktraces) to <br/>'s. This is done by using a recursive call on that
template, and on long stacktraces this can give a stackoverflowerror
(each recursive template call probably corresponds to multiple nested
calls inside xalan). I don't know from how many lines exactly it starts
giving this error, probably around 600-700 or so. The stylesheet also
becomes quite slow then.

I tried dropping the template and simply putting it inside a <pre> and
that works justs as fine (both on Windows and Linux).

If nobody comes up with a good reason for the returns2br template, I'd
like to remove it.