Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Aayush Bhan <aa...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/17 14:05:44 UTC

Impala - 5314

Hi Impala Dev Team,

I was assigned the ticket - 5314 on jira. As a first time contributor, I
was going through the cwiki links on how to get started. So I was setting
up my development environment in a docker container. I went ahead with all
the steps that were given. So every time I try to run the
bootstrap_development script, it leads to some build errors which i'm not
able to ascertain how to fix.

The log i'm being directed to after running the script tells me the
following -
Error in /home/impdev/Impala/testdata/bin/create-load-data.sh at line 85: fi

I got the following output while running the bootstrap_development script -
https://gist.github.com/aayushbhan/dee15ba212225e780196e2964d279681

I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me any resources or
anything of the sort to help me fix this issue and get my development
environment set up.

Thanks,
Aayush

Re: Impala - 5314

Posted by Shant Hovsepian <sh...@superdupershant.com>.
Hi Aayush, you might want to check logs/cluster/impalad.INFO for an error
related to the impala service.

Keep in mind though from the output you had in your gist, everything
compiles and the local impala came up, what's failing is loading the
initial test data which can be quite large at times.

For example see the info here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/Building+Impala
[image: build_impala.png]
At this point you can run that last command to build and spin up the system
for testing.

-Shant

Re: Impala - 5314

Posted by Aayush Bhan <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Quanlong,

--
aayushbhan

Re: Impala - 5314

Posted by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aayush,

You need to look into some log files for more details. In the console
output you shared, there are three log files mentioned about the failures.

One is the failure on loading tpch dataset:

> /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_loading/load-tpch.log)...
> /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_loading/load-tpcds.log)...
>     FAILED (Took: 8 min 8 sec)
>     'load-data tpch core' failed. Tail of log:
>     'load-data tpch core' failed. Tail of log:
> 11:51:28 Error executing impala SQL:
> /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_loading/sql/tpch/load-tpch-core-impala-generated-kudu-none-none.sql
> See:
> /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_loading/sql/tpch/load-tpch-core-impala-generated-kudu-none-none.sql.log

You should look
into /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_loading/sql/tpch/load-tpch-core-impala-generated-kudu-none-none.sql.log
for more details.

The other one is the failure on loading tpcds dataset:

>     FAILED (Took: 15 min 28 sec)
>     'load-data tpcds core' failed. Tail of log:
> 11:58:47 Error executing impala SQL:
> /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_loading/sql/tpcds/invalidate-tpcds-core-impala-generated.sql
> See:
> /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_loading/sql/tpcds/invalidate-tpcds-core-impala-generated.sql.log

You should look
into /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_loading/sql/tpcds/invalidate-tpcds-core-impala-generated.sql.log
for more details.

The last one is the failure on loading functional-query dataset:

>     FAILED (Took: 33 min 22 sec)
>     'load-data functional-query exhaustive' failed. Tail of log:
> 12:16:42 Error executing impala SQL:
> /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_loading/sql/functional/invalidate-functional-query-exhaustive-impala-generated.sql
> See:
> /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_loading/sql/functional/invalidate-functional-query-exhaustive-impala-generated.sql.log

You should look
into /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_loading/sql/functional/invalidate-functional-query-exhaustive-impala-generated.sql.log

Re: Impala - 5314

Posted by Aayush Bhan <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jim,

--