Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/08/17 09:21:26 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "RegressionSearchAndDestroy" by KatheyMarsden

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by KatheyMarsden:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/RegressionSearchAndDestroy

  The Derby 10.2 Regression Search and Destroy Contest is a contest to help ensure a smooth transition for users who are migrating to 10.2 and help achieve Derby's ForwardCompatiblity goal: to to allow any application written against the public interfaces of an older version of Derby to run, without any changes, against a newer version of Derby.

- Contest entries can be anything to help ease transition of existing applications to 10.2.  Winners will be:
+ Contest entries can be anything to help ease transition of existing applications to 10.2.  Winners will be:

   "The top three developers or users who have  made the greatest contribution toward a seamless upgrade to 10.2."

@@ -11, +11 @@

  1. Valid contest entries are any action that exposes or resolves existing regressions, improves  Derby compatibility with previous releases, or improves our documentation of known differences in 10.2.  Below are a few examples:
   * Test an existing application with Derby 10.2 and record your results on the TenTwoApplicationTesting page.
-  * Find a  new  product regression from a previous Derby release and log it in Jira.
+  * Find a  new  product regression from a previous Derby release and log it in Jira.
   * Correct the derby info for existing issues to mark them as "Regression"  if they are a regression from 10.1 or "Existing Application Impact" and "Release Note Needed"  if they were intentional changes that might affect existing applications.
   * Fix a product regression.

@@ -26, +26 @@

  There are lots of ways to enter the contest, help ease upgrade and of course just make a better quality 10.2. Below are some ideas.

     * Test your application or another application with Derby and record it on TenTwoApplicationTesting.
-    *  Look for low hanging fruit Jira entries.  Look for open Jira issues that you suspect might be regressions and add a comment with the tag RegressionSearchAndDestroy with a hint.
+    *  Look for low hanging fruit Jira entries.  Look for open Jira issues that you suspect might be regressions and add a comment with the tag RegressionSearchAndDestroy with a hint.
     * Create new Jira entries with tasks that might expose more regressions like running the tests with a low memory configuration.
     * Look at the [http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&query=RegressionSearchAndDestroy&summary=true&description=true&body=true&resolution=-1 open issues with the RegressionSearchAndDestroy tag] and address them.  If you determine an issue is not a regression or is no longer relevant, please make a comment in the Jira entry.
     * Evaluate 10.2 fixed issues to see if they might have existing application impact, need release notes.  Mark them as souch and add release notes.
@@ -36, +36 @@

  You are automatically entered in the contest if you add your application testing results to TenTwoApplicationTesting. Please list a summary of your other entries below if you would like to enter yourself or someone else in the contest.

+
  ||'''Contestant''' || '''Task that contributed to a seamless upgrade to 10.2'''  ||
+ ||  A B || Found/Fixed Regression DERBY-1681. Fixed DERBY-1633 ||
+ || Prasenjit Sarkar || Found Regression DERBY-1633 ||
+ || Knut Anders Hatlen || Found/Fixed regression DERBY-1586 ||
+ || Daniel Debrunner || Identified existing bugs as regressions: DERBY-1554, DERBY-1315, DERBY-1687 ||
+ || Dag H. Wanvik || Fixed regression DERBY-1252 ||
+
+ Click [https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&type=1&pid=10594&updated%3Aafter=17%2FJul%2F06&component=11670&component=11406&component=11407&component=11409&component=11690&component=11410&component=11411&component=11415&component=11408&component=11412&component=11414&customfield_12310090=Regression&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC here] for a report of product regressions that have been updated since the contest began 7/17/2006.  Not all qualify but this is a good report to use to find entries if folks don't add themselves

- Note: This contest was inspired by the [https://mustang.dev.java.net/regchal Mustang Regression challenge]
+ Note: This contest was inspired by the [https://mustang.dev.java.net/regchal Mustang Regression challenge.]