Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2017/04/25 16:13:39 UTC

[DISCUSS] Merge HBASE-16961 (Space Quotas) into master

Hi folks,

Here's a formal thread for discussion on merging the space quota feature
(presently in the branch HBASE-16961[1]) into master. The tl;dr on the
feature is that this extends the RPC quota feature to include
configurable limits on the size of tables and namespaces. Please check
the archives for earlier discussion on design if you'd like a more
in-depth recap.

So far, our Ted and Vlad have devoted cycles to reviewing the code and
have given their +1's (Ted along the way, Vlad after the fact). Thanks
to both of them.

Outstanding, I have to commit the feedback from Vlad (due to PreCommit
being hosed -- INFRA-13985), and rebase on top of master once more
(these have been rather clean/easy to do). Since both of these tasks are
pretty minor, I figured we can start the discussion now

Thoughts/Opinions? Objections? Approvals? Cat-photos?

- Josh

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-16961

Re: [DISCUSS] Merge HBASE-16961 (Space Quotas) into master

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
@Stack ok, wasn't sure if you had asked for the info because you were
actively looking at it or not.

@Andrew Cool beans. Code review at any point is appreciated. We can
definitely continue to clean things up.

With that said, let me just start a VOTE now so I don't forget to do it
Monday morning ;)

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. - Raymond
Teller (via Peter Watts)

Re: [DISCUSS] Merge HBASE-16961 (Space Quotas) into master

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.