Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by Yang Bo <oa...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/01 06:22:36 UTC

Re: [Please Review]New features and changes since 0.5.0 for Java Chassis

Hi,

Below is the propsed release notes for Java Chassis m1. Please check.

--------------------------

Major improvements:

Java Chassis can now use Apollo as configuration center. Users can now
change configurations like load balancing policy and those changes will
come into effect on the fly.
See http://servicecomb.incubator.apache.org/users/dynamic-config/ for more
details.

Metrics was re-factored. We now uses events for collecting invocation data
instead of Hystrix. This reduces the performance penalty of computing
metrics.
Metrics can now be fetched via '/metrics' using HTTP.
See http://servicecomb.incubator.apache.org/users/metrics-in-1.0.0-m1/ for
more details.

Other Noticeable Changes:

  - The Java Chassis libraries are now under group "org.apache.servicecomb".
  - We provide out of the box metrics support now. Prometheus and Overwatch
is supported.
  - Configuration center was re-factored and moved out from foundation.
Support for Apollo was added.
  - Users can now use Object type for calling services.
  - Users can now use Generics for calling services.
  - Better integration with Spring MVC.
  - Upgraded to zipkin2 internally, Java Chassis can now work with zipkin
server v1 and v2.
  - We are in the process of supporting reactive programming. Pojo consumer
and provider now supports CompletableFutre.

--
Best Regards,
Yang.

回复: [Please Review]New features and changes since 0.5.0 for Java Chassis

Posted by 郑扬勇 <ya...@qq.com>.
Hi Yang Bo :
    Contents of http://servicecomb.incubator.apache.org/users/metrics-in-1.0.0-m1/ need update and PR is here : https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-website/pull/39

    Thanks & Best Regards!

Posted by 郑扬勇 <ya...@qq.com>.
Hi,Yang Bo :
   - We provide out of the box metrics support now. Prometheus and Overwatch
is supported.

     Integration with Overwatch need more work for release,so Java Chassis m1 not include this feature.

 Thanks & Best Regards!

--
Best Regards,
Yang.