Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by James Noble <Ja...@herndon-lab.com> on 2004/01/21 19:43:39 UTC

SMTPAppender EvaluatorClass Option

Has anyone successfully used the SMTPAppender EvaluatorClass option? When I
try to use my own evaluator class I get these error messages:

    log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate class [my.package.TriggerOnWarn].
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: my.package.TriggerOnWarn
        [stack trace...]

TriggerOnWarn is implemented as follows:

    package my.package;

    import org.apache.log4j.Level;
    import org.apache.log4j.spi.LoggingEvent;
    import org.apache.log4j.spi.TriggeringEventEvaluator;

    public class TriggerOnWarn implements TriggeringEventEvaluator {

        public boolean isTriggeringEvent( LoggingEvent event ) {
            return event.getLevel().isGreaterOrEqual( Level.WARN );
        }

    }

Besides implementing the TriggeringEventEvaluator interface, does the
evaluator class have to be a subclass of a particular class or in the
org.apache.log4j package?

Thanks!
Jim