Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Jingfei Hu <ji...@hotmail.com> on 2015/10/09 05:20:07 UTC

GSSException: Defective token detected

HTTP ERROR 403

Problem accessing /webhdfs/v1/. Reason:

    GSSException: Defective token detected (Mechanism level: GSSHeader did
not find the right tag)

Powered by Jetty://

Anyone knows what's happening here?

I've setup a hdfs cluster with Kerberos authentication installed and
configured. I can access from the DC (Domain controller) host but can't
access it from other machines. Any steps I am missing?

Thanks,

Jingfei

RE: GSSException: Defective token detected

Posted by Jingfei Hu <ji...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Ranjith,

I am trying to know more detail about your suggested ways.

When I have this issue in the past I had to get a new ticket using the MIT ticket manager.

On which machine I use MIT ticket manager? The hdfs cluster? The DC host? Or the client from which I am accessing webhdfs server

Also can you check your krb5.conf is the same as that in your cluster?

You mean check the krb5.conf of my client which is WIN10 in this case?

Thanks,

Jingfei

Posted by Ranjith Raghunath <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ranjith Raghunath <ra...@gmail.com>.