Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@free.fr> on 2010/02/07 20:06:08 UTC

Layered lookups and CommonMyCommunicationEventDecorator + HelpScreens.xml

Hi,

Why working on layering lookups, I found a number of bugs. I fixed some but I begin to be a bit overloaded. I will appreciate some
help.

Do I miss something or, as I suspect, does the CommonMyCommunicationEventDecorator not exist? And then if it does not exist why is
it used in CommonCommunicationEventDecorator?
Example (not exaustive)
2 tops buttons from https://localhost:8443/sfa/control/ListPartyCommEvents

There are some references to component://commonext/widget/HelpScreens.xml but, as far as I can tell, this file does not exist, any
ideas why is it then referenced?
I guess it should be rather component://common/widget/HelpScreens.xml (I think I remember a move from commonext to common).
https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/ListCommContent?communicationEventId=10050
https://localhost:8443/projectmgr/control/EditProjectContents?projectId=9000

When these last  bugs will be clarified, and then hopefully fixed, I expect to commit the changes which will "Ajaxifiy" the lookups
(ie replace *all relevant* popup lookups by layered lookups). The tests have been good and I don't expect much problems from this
migration. Certainly some adjustements (postions, sizes) will be needed but nothing important. If you want to try, the last patch is
at your disposition at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3442 (part of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3445)

So far, the only  trouble that may appear is when a lookup is called from a lookup. This is not possible yet with the layered
lookups. So if you find anything related to this missing feature, please let a comment at

Thanks

Jacques
PS : Beware sometimes but rarely, the content of the layer is long to load (never much more than a popup lookup to be ready though,
and most of the time layered lookups are instantly ready), not sure why yet...

Re: Layered lookups and CommonMyCommunicationEventDecorator + HelpScreens.xml

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@free.fr>.
From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@free.fr>
> Hi,
>
> Why working on layering lookups, I found a number of bugs. I fixed some but I begin to be a bit overloaded. I will appreciate some
> help.

While :/