Posted to user@commons.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2008/01/24 19:25:14 UTC

[vfs] Timeout?

Is there any consistent way to specify a timeout for a file?  In our
application, we download files from a public server.  We have some
files that are HTTP and some that are FTP.  We're using one method to
support all files by passing in a URL.  We sometimes run into a
situation where the download appears to "hang."   If we run the
process again, it works fine.   What I'd like to do is set up a
timeout/retry facility.  Is there any way to do that?  We're using the
FileUtil.copyContent() method.