Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Jie Hua <mi...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/01 20:25:27 UTC

myNewt development

Dear mynewt team:

Thank you for coming up with such a great system as mynewt is.
I have some questions about myNewt:

1. I am using two pieces of hardware: nRF52840 and Nordic Thingy 52. And I
am most interested in the BLE part and the sensor part. My problem is that
I don't understand how mynewt uses different hardware. For example, I don't
know how to set the led light on Thingy which is not only a GPIO but a
light matrix. I have looked into the repository a little, but I did not see
where are these low level interfaces are defined for different boards.

2. The big task I am facing is that I need to advertising with BLE with
some data. And for performance issue, I need the full 31 bytes in control.
So I do not want to follow any protocol formats defined in GAP and GATT.
Does mynewt have an API for setting the advertising payload without
checking the GAP format? And also I hope the scanning program will give the
beacon with the 31-byte payload advertised by other devices to me in a
callback function.

Thank you again for your great work.

Jie