Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/21 23:42:26 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Renaming github mirror

I need some help with the discussion I'm having at:

If you go to the artemis github mirror, you will see: mirrored from
git://git.apache.org/activemq-6.git

https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis

It happens that per what I heard from Infra, the only way to do that
would be to recreate the repo. Meaning the Pull Request IDs would
restart, meaning we would lost any previous discussions we had on
github.

Although I'm not sure that's really a big deal, since these
discussions are all backed up at the dev list (the dev list has been
hearing the PR comments).

So, is there anyone against recreating the repo?

I asked Infra to wait until tomorrow.

Re: [DISCUSSION] Renaming github mirror

Posted by Thiago Kronig <th...@gmail.com>.
Okay. Thanks!

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago Kronig <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
As Clebert said, Infra[structure] are the team that put together
and/or maintain the various services which the ASF run/depends on,
such as these mailing lists, the scm systems that host the project
code, the websites, the GitHub mirrors of our code, etc etc.

They are the folks behind various sites/bots/etc including these and
many others:
http://status.apache.org/
https://twitter.com/infrabot
https://blogs.apache.org/infra/