Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com> on 2013/03/13 20:04:29 UTC

what's an "extractable" ISO?

When adding an ISO in the management server (4.1-snapshot) there's a checkbox with label "Extractable".

In the admin guide (4.0.1-incubating), it says "Extractable: Choose Yes if the ISO should be available for extraction." which really doesn't tell me anything :)

What exactly does this checkbox do/mean and in what use cases should it be checked?

Thanks,
Shane

Re: what's an "extractable" ISO?

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 13.03.2013 19:04, Shane Witbeck wrote:
> When adding an ISO in the management server (4.1-snapshot) there's a
> checkbox with label "Extractable".
>
> In the admin guide (4.0.1-incubating), it says "Extractable: Choose
> Yes if the ISO should be available for extraction." which really
> doesn't tell me anything :)
>
> What exactly does this checkbox do/mean and in what use cases should
> it be checked?
>
> Thanks,
> Shane

Not 100% sure, but I believe it applies to gzipped/bzipped ISOs.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: what's an "extractable" ISO?

Posted by Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>.
Done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1667

--
Shane Witbeck

Re: what's an "extractable" ISO?

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Re: what's an "extractable" ISO?

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Shane.  It controls whether or not users can download the ISO, and
volumes of VMs created from the ISO, out of CloudStack.  The extractable
setting doesn't apply to admin accounts.

Best regards,
Kirk