Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chris Miller <fe...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2008/08/25 22:09:59 UTC

[Axis2] Where to get JDK 1.4.2 compatible versions of Axis2 1.3 and 1.4 WAR distros

Hi everybody,

we would like to run Axis2 in a pre Java 5 environment and are discovering problems with WebSphere 5.1 which runs on JDK 1.4.2.

We get Unnsupported Major Minor version exceptions (49.0) using the WAR distribution of Axis2 1.3.

Some of the jars have a "built using 1.5" tag in their manifests.

Could somebody please confirm that the versions are fully (and the used jars) are fully compatible with 1.4.2 (as stated on the project page)?

Or for the worst case: Can anybody tell me where to get a full 1.4.2 compliant version of Axis2, either 1.3 oder 1.4 and the used libs?

Again: Thanks for your work and your support!

Kind regards,

Chris

Re: [Axis2] Where to get JDK 1.4.2 compatible versions of Axis2 1.3 and 1.4 WAR distros

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

We decided to move to jdk 1.5 since our 1.4 release. I don't think there is
a version on jdk 1.4, unless you get the source and compile yourself. BUt
even in that case, you might get in to trouble, as some code might use jdk15
features.

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Chris Miller <fe...@yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> we would like to run Axis2 in a pre Java 5 environment and are discovering
> problems with WebSphere 5.1 which runs on JDK 1.4.2.
>
> We get Unnsupported Major Minor version exceptions (49.0) using the WAR
> distribution of Axis2 1.3.
>
> Some of the jars have a "built using 1.5" tag in their manifests.
>
> Could somebody please confirm that the versions are fully (and the used
> jars) are fully compatible with 1.4.2 (as stated on the project page)?
>
> Or for the worst case: Can anybody tell me where to get a full 1.4.2
> compliant version of Axis2, either 1.3 oder 1.4 and the used libs?
>
> Again: Thanks for your work and your support!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Chris

With Mettha,
Eran Chinthaka

Health is the greatest gift; contentment is the greatest wealth; trusting is
the best relationship; nirvana is the highest joy. - Dhammapada

Re: [Axis2] Where to get JDK 1.4.2 compatible versions of Axis2 1.3 and 1.4 WAR distros

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:39 AM, Chris Miller <fe...@yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> we would like to run Axis2 in a pre Java 5 environment and are discovering
> problems with WebSphere 5.1 which runs on JDK 1.4.2.
>
> We get Unnsupported Major Minor version exceptions (49.0) using the WAR
> distribution of Axis2 1.3.

Can you find out the class to which you get this exception? The following
modules are
shift with jdk 1.5.
<modules>
                <module>modules/jaxbri</module>
                <module>modules/metadata</module>
                <module>modules/saaj-api</module>
                <module>modules/saaj</module>
                <module>modules/jws-api</module>
                <module>modules/jaxws-api</module>
                <module>modules/jaxws</module>
                <module>modules/jaxws-integration</module>
                <module>modules/clustering</module>
                <module>modules/corba</module>
            </modules>

thanks,
Amila.

> Some of the jars have a "built using 1.5" tag in their manifests.
>
> Could somebody please confirm that the versions are fully (and the used
> jars) are fully compatible with 1.4.2 (as stated on the project page)?
>
> Or for the worst case: Can anybody tell me where to get a full 1.4.2
> compliant version of Axis2, either 1.3 oder 1.4 and the used libs?
>
> Again: Thanks for your work and your support!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Chris

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.