Posted to api@directory.apache.org by Riccardo <ne...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/29 12:16:00 UTC

[ApacheDS] ver 2.0 not working on Mac OS X 10.9

Dear all,

today I installed Apache Directory Studio ver 2.0.0.v20130628

Once I tried to connect I get the following error:

Error while opening connection
 - Error while sending some message : the session has been closed
org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.exception.InvalidConnectionException: Error while sending some message : the session has been closed
	at org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapNetworkConnection.writeRequest(LdapNetworkConnection.java:3943)
	at org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapNetworkConnection.bindAsync(LdapNetworkConnection.java:1178)
	at org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapNetworkConnection.bind(LdapNetworkConnection.java:1076)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper$2.run(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:368)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.runAndMonitor(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:1175)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.doBind(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:460)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.io.api.DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.bind(DirectoryApiConnectionWrapper.java:306)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.jobs.OpenConnectionsRunnable.run(OpenConnectionsRunnable.java:114)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.jobs.StudioConnectionJob.run(StudioConnectionJob.java:109)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Error while sending some message : the session has been closed

Everything was working fine with the previous version I was using (1.5).
What I use it's an SSL encryption on port 636 + Simple Authentication Method.

In case you need further details about my system configuration please ask.

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,

Riccardo

Re: [ApacheDS] ver 2.0 not working on Mac OS X 10.9

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Hi Riccardo,

as a quick workaround you can try to use the old JNDI, in the connection
settings dialog you can select the network provider. We switched to our
own LDAP API by default.

If JNDI works it would still be great to find out what the problem is,
can you please create a new connection using the Apache LDAP API, and
try both, no encryption and encryption?

Thanks,
Stefan