Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Phillip Farber <pf...@umich.edu> on 2008/11/14 19:04:02 UTC

Programatic way to know when an optimize is finished?

I'd like to automate my indexing processes.  Is there a slick method to
know when an optimize on an index has completed?

Thanks,

Phil

Re: Programatic way to know when an optimize is finished?

Posted by Phillip Farber <pf...@umich.edu>.
I'm using Perl LWP which has a default 30 sec timeout on the http
request.  I can set it to a larger number like 24 hours :-) I guess.
How do you set your timeout?

Phil

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
You can add a SolrEventListener to the postOptimize hook.

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:34 PM, Phillip Farber <pf...@umich.edu> wrote:

> I'd like to automate my indexing processes.  Is there a slick method to
> know when an optimize on an index has completed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Programatic way to know when an optimize is finished?

Posted by Alexander Ramos Jardim <al...@gmail.com>.
You could intercept the optimize method execution with an advisor?

--
Alexander Ramos Jardim