Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Dr. Evil" <dr...@sidereal.kz> on 2001/10/15 09:31:09 UTC

A hint on Tomcat Servlets + Postgres JDBC

I created some cool classes which use PG's JDBC to query the DB.
Everything was great until I tried to get them to work with my other
cool taglib servlet classes under Tomcat.  I got
ClassNotFoundException and it didn't work.  After some google
searching and experimentation, I found the problem: Tomcat doesn't
seem to look at the CLASSPATH variable.  The solution is to put the
postgresql.jar file in tomcat/lib.  Perhaps this note should be
included in the tomcat documentation or the PG JDBC docs?  Tomcat +
taglibs + Postgres is the killer combination for making awesome
websites with 100% free open source software.

Btw, this is with Postgres 7.1.3, Tomcat 4.0 under Linux Mandrake 8.0.

Re: A hint on Tomcat Servlets + Postgres JDBC: THANKS!!

Posted by John Hicks <ja...@gulfbridge.net>.
You sure saved my week! I've been struggling for the past two days to get
JDBC working under Tomcat.

(I'm running Postgres 7.0.3 and Apache 1.3.19 as distributed in RedHat 7.1.
To that, I've installed J2SDK1.4.0, Tomcat 4.0, and the Apache/Tomcat module
1.0 for TC 4.0.)

-John Hicks