Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Вадим Анцут <va...@apm-consult.com> on 2019/06/02 08:02:59 UTC

Hive ORC tables and empty lookup tables in the cube

Hello!

Can anyone help me with a problem:
I have in Hive one fact table and few lookup tables in the model for kylin
cube. The cube builded successfully, but all lookup tables is empty.
If I build the cube on the hive parquet tables in model with the same
values, then the lookup tables are not empty.

--
WBR,
Vadym Antsut

Re: Hive ORC tables and empty lookup tables in the cube

Posted by Vadajer <va...@apm-consult.com>.
Hello Xiaoxiang Yu!

I'm run same sql query in Hive CLI (beeline) and Kylin. The results is
different and correct in Hive CLI.
Thanks for the help, and I will create a bug-report in JIRA.

WBR,
Vadym Antsut

--
Sent from: http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/

Re: Hive ORC tables and empty lookup tables in the cube

Posted by Xiaoxiang Yu <xi...@kyligence.io>.
Hi Antsut,
  Sorry for my late reply. First let's make it clear, you have two cubes (let us call them cube1 and cube2), cube1 's lookup table is in ORC format and cube2's lookup table is in parquet format. Now you find that with the same sql query, result by cube1 is correct and result by cube2 is worry.
  So, to eliminate cause from data source(external from Kylin), please enter the same sql query in Hive CLI, if you find the result from Kylin is different from what you see in Hive CLI, I guess it is a bug of Kylin. In that case, please report a JIRA in https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/KYLIN, with some detail which help us to reproduce bug(version of Kylin you are using, version of Hive/Hadoop, DDL of lookup table, screenshot of query result from hive CLI and from Kylin).

----------------
Best wishes,
Xiaoxiang Yu

在 2019/6/3 15:40,“Vadajer”<va...@apm-consult.com> 写入:

    Hello Xiaoxiang Yu!

    Thanks for reply!

    1. I'm selecting in kylin insight gui from lookup table or from fact table
    with join to lookup table. All values from lookup table are empty.

    <http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/file/t967/empty.png>

    2. I'm create in hive the same tables (name with prefix) with "STORED AS
    PARQUET" and create another cube.
    (see attached pics)

    <http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/file/t967/parquet.png>

    WBR,
    Vadym Antsut

Posted by Xiaoxiang Yu <xi...@kyligence.io>.
Hi, Vadym Antsut
	1. "The cube builded successfully, but all lookup tables is empty." How do you know your lookup tables is empty? Is it empty in Hive or in Kylin?
	2. " I build the cube on the hive parquet tables in model " Does that means you drop you previous table, and create a new one with " STORED AS PARQUET", have you check your lookup table in hive cli?

Best wishes,
Xiaoxiang Yu

在 2019/6/2 16:03,“Вадим Анцут”<va...@apm-consult.com> 写入: