Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by KhajaAsmath Mohammed <md...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/29 15:46:45 UTC

Kstreams Database

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to read records from the database and
load them as JSON into kafka topic.
Next step is to handle only updates.

I was successful using this for Kafkaconnect for mysql but unfortunately I
cannot using kafka connect due to restrictions from database team.

Is there any other good approach to develop in kstreams. Utilize JDBC or
something else with kstreams?

Thanks,
Asmath

Re: Kstreams Database

Posted by Nicolas Carlot <ni...@chronopost.fr>.
Kafka connect is using JDBC...
Thus you would just implement a similar solution, which would surely be
less efficient :/

https://www.confluent.io/blog/kafka-connect-deep-dive-jdbc-source-connector/

Your problem doesn't seem technical but organizational

--
*Nicolas Carlot*

Lead dev
|  | nicolas.carlot@chronopost.fr

*Veuillez noter qu'à partir du 20 mai, le siège Chronopost déménage. La
nouvelle adresse est : 3 boulevard Romain Rolland 75014 Paris*

[image: Logo Chronopost]
| chronopost.fr <http://www.chronopost.fr/>
Suivez nous sur Facebook <https://fr-fr.facebook.com/chronopost> et Twitter
<https://twitter.com/chronopost>.