Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/13 18:24:07 UTC

More jenkins results

For those who don't know, I run a Jenkins instance on a VPS I own. I've
been running ITs for 1.6 and master nightly for some time now and it's
been really nice to get these results. It has just enough resources to
run through them reliably (some of the really heavy-handed tests fail on
it), but personally it feels like a good baseline for ensuring the tests
are runnable by anyone.

If others feel like they might get value from it, I can set up emails to
be sent to the notifications@accumulo.apache.org list instead of just to
myself.

Thoughts/Opinions?

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.
I think it's valuable to see the failure notifications even without being
able to make changes. I know that I generally ignore the ASF Jenkins at
this point because it is (was?) too underpowered.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
The kinds of changing I was thinking, though, were changes to the
profiles/system properties which affect build behavior. Things like
build property names changing, or new build profiles being created in
the POM.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
+1 Thanks for doing this Josh.

--
Sean

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Thank you for your perseverance. It will be very helpful to see
regular build results from full ITs. *fingers crossed*

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Looks like it works. Got two notifications this morning.

Yay! Thanks Josh.

--
Sean

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
I've added the address to the allow list for notifications.  There appears
to be some secondary check that prevents the mail from getting through
since it's not from apache.org.  I don't know if there is another whitelist
beyond the allow list that moderators can control.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
No thanks. That's not really better than just looking at RSS results.
I'd much rather get an email from the service.

If we can't find a way to do this on the lists that everyone can deal
with, I'll just revert it back to emailing me only.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Frak.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
If I wasn't clear the first time, anyone can view the results right now.

I'm still not sure why you feel the need to impose external control over
a system that I'm paying for and offering to provide as a service to the

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Re: More jenkins results

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.