Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Bernhard Messer <bm...@apache.org> on 2004/11/13 13:08:00 UTC

missing values in systemproperties.html

hi,

is there any reason why the following 3 properties are not documented in
systemproperties.html, or is it just a lack in the documentation ?

org.apache.lucene.SegmentReader.class (SegmentReader.java)
org.apache.lucene.FSDirectory.class (FSDirectory.java)
line.separator (QueryParser.java)

thanks
Bernhard

Re: missing values in systemproperties.html

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I actually wouldn't document those system properties.  I have never
heard of anyone using them, and I am not even sure if using them would
work, because of the class cast on line 116 in FSDirectory for example.

Hm, but I see this is a recent addition from Doug... oh, it must be
related to his GCJ-based FSDirectory implementation, which I'm sure he
tested... so scratch the above paragraph and document all those
properties.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/ModifyingExecutionParameters

Otis

Posted by Bernhard Messer <bm...@apache.org>.
Otis,

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Bernhard (2+ weeks old emal).

I'm not sure which properties you are talking about.  As far as I can
tell, systemproperties.html covers all properties.  Please add anything
that you see missing.  Actually, I think there is a Wiki page with