Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Christopher Brower <cb...@comcast.net> on 2005/11/22 07:03:40 UTC

Spamassassin + Exchange 2k3 + Antivirus Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good setup for running Sapmassassin and an open
source antivirus solution on a SMTP gateway infront of an Exchange box?
Also could you point me to some guides? It's been awhile since I setup
spam assassin and last time I did I think it was version 2.0. Is it
possible now to allow users to setup their own whitelists and spam
filter levels through something like mysql?

Thanks,
Chris Brower
cbrower202@comcast.net

Re: Spamassassin + Exchange 2k3 + Antivirus Recommendations

Posted by Steven Dickenson <st...@mrchuckles.net>.
> Can anyone recommend a good setup for running Sapmassassin and an open
> source antivirus solution on a SMTP gateway infront of an Exchange
> box?
> Also could you point me to some guides? It's been awhile since I setup
> spam assassin and last time I did I think it was version 2.0. Is it
> possible now to allow users to setup their own whitelists and spam
> filter levels through something like mysql?

I prefer Exim, SA, and ClamAV doing SMTP-time rejection.  However,
this does not offer you any easy way to do per-user settings or
whitelists.

You might want to check out something like Maia Mailguard.

Steven
---
Steven Dickenson <st...@mrchuckles.net>
http://www.mrchuckles.net

Re: Spamassassin + Exchange 2k3 + Antivirus Recommendations

Posted by Rob Poe <rp...@plattesheriff.org>.
IMO, Centos 4.x with MailScanner (mailscanner.info) running ClamAV / SpamAssassin.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 01:03 AM 11/22/2005, Christopher Brower wrote:
>Can anyone recommend a good setup for running Sapmassassin and an open
>source antivirus solution on a SMTP gateway infront of an Exchange box?

Suggestions: use amavis, MailScanner or mimedefang as a MTA integration.
Use clamav as an antivirus package (it's the only OSS av app I know of)

A long list of different integration tools (sorted by MTA) can be found in
the wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/IntegratedInMta

>Also could you point me to some guides?

See above, many of the sites have guides.

>  It's been awhile since I setup spam assassin and last time I did I think
> it was version 2.0. Is it possible now to allow users to setup their own
> whitelists and spam filter levels through something like mysql?

Yes. user_prefs can now be SQL stored.