Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by dg...@hyperreal.org on 1997/12/20 21:25:22 UTC

Re: mod_rewrite/1582: mod_rewrite forms REQUEST_URI different than mod_cgi does

Synopsis: mod_rewrite forms REQUEST_URI different than mod_cgi does

Comment-Added-By: dgaudet
Comment-Added-When: Sat Dec 20 12:25:22 PST 1997
Comment-Added:
[Damnit, ran into a bug in the gnats CGI, I supplied this reason
when I changed the category, it lost it.]

The real bug is that the user is using mod_rewrite to do virtual
hosting, and mod_rewrite doesn't construct %{REQUEST_URI} the
same way as mod_cgi.  When the request is an absolute URI
the http://host/ part is missing from %{REQUEST_URI}.

Dean