Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/21 11:07:48 UTC

Seeing ghosts... & maven property expansions issue

Hello maven users,

A project with two modules M1 & M2 and their aggregating parent module A,
where A has itself a parent module P builds successfully if run without site
phase/goal (e.g. "mvn clean verify"), but mysteriously fails otherwise (e.g.
"mvn clean verify site"). M2 has dependency to M1, and maven prints good
build order, but somehow when it comes to build M2, M1 doesn't get resolved
although M1 should be present at least in build reactor. Maven used is
2.2.1, but same happened even if I revert to 2.1.0. Site plugin configured
in plugin management section of P's pom is 2.0.1, but build fails even with
2.0-beta-7. Neither of the pom's contains no assembly or artifact
(de)attaching mambo jumbo, in other words they are very simple ones. Any
advice is welcome.

One other topic bothering me is how does maven do property expansion,
especially in case if one has module hierarchy like described for previous
topic, and in module P one property X, and property Y referencing property X
value, and then in module M1 definition of the property with name X. Module
M1 doesn't have explicit definition of property Y, IMO it should be
inherited but I'm expecting in module M1 property Y to be expanded using
locally defined property X, thus overriding one defined in parent pom
hierarchy. This doesn't seem to happen.

Regards,
Stevo.

Re: Seeing ghosts... & maven property expansions issue

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
If I specify maven-javadoc-plugin with something like [1] build doesn't fail
because of failure to resolve intermodule dependencies, instead it fails
because of this
<http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6442982>long
standing bug in Java. Is there any workaround for this in maven? I've
tried adding annotations library as dependency of maven-javadoc-plugin in
build plugins section, but it didn't work.

Regards,
Stevo.

[1] maven-javadoc-plugin usage snippet

<plugin>