Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Tom Anderson <ta...@infonow.com> on 2003/02/09 06:59:44 UTC

immediate Session backup

I would like the PersistentManagerBase to immediately backup a session
if the maxIdleBackup parameter is zero.  The reason I want this
behavior is that, in a load-balanced architecture, the next request
might go to another machine which would need to pull it out of store.

Does this sound like a good thing to do?

If so, what's the right way to do this.   I was thinking that
overriding add(Session) in PersistentManagerBase would to the trick.

~Tom

Re: immediate Session backup

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Tom Anderson wrote:

> On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 10:59 PM, Tom Anderson wrote:
>
>> I would like the PersistentManagerBase to immediately backup a session
>> if the maxIdleBackup parameter is zero.  The reason I want this
>> behavior is that, in a load-balanced architecture, the next request
>> might go to another machine which would need to pull it out of store.
>>
>> Does this sound like a good thing to do?

I have created the PersistentValve valve in Tomcat5 for such a purpose.

Posted by Tom Anderson <ta...@infonow.com>.