Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Nozomi Kurihara <nk...@yahoo-corp.jp> on 2017/12/12 02:52:27 UTC

[VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

This is the fourth release candidate for Apache Pulsar, version 1.21.0-incubating.

Pulsar is a highly scalable, low latency messaging platform running on
commodity hardware. It provides simple pub-sub semantics over topics,
guaranteed at-least-once delivery of messages, automatic cursor management
for subscribers, and cross-datacenter replication.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for convenience.

Fixed issues:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/milestone/10?closed=1

Source and binary files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pulsar/pulsar-1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepulsar-1005/

The tag to be voted upon:
v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/releases/tag/v1.21.0-incubating-candidate-3

Pulsar's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pulsar/KEYS

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/51c0737bcfee37073017291adb6453c27f9562dc9905f8eccdc78abe@%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E

Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build and run the Pulsar standalone service.

This vote will stay open for at least 72 hours (around December 15th 2017, 10:00 GMT).

Regards,
Nozomi

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- no unexpected binaries in source release
- all ASF files have ASF headers (a few generated files are marked as such and have no headers)
- can compile from source

Thanks,
Justin

RE: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Posted by Nozomi Kurihara <nk...@yahoo-corp.jp>.
Hi Henk,

Thanks for the comment.

I'll fix the extension.

Regards,

Nozomi

________________________________
Posted by "Henk P. Penning" <pe...@uu.nl>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
+1 to release.

John

Posted by Nozomi Kurihara <nk...@yahoo-corp.jp>.
Hi,

Though 72 hours has passed,

the vote is still open for at least 3 binding +1s.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/wiki/Release-process#9-run-the-vote-on-incubator

Could you please check and vote if you have a chance?

Regards,

Nozomi

________________________________
�����: Nozomi Kurihara <nk...@yahoo-corp.jp>
�����Օr: 2017��12��13�� 17:00:36
����: general@incubator.apache.org
����: RE: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.21.0-incubating Release Candidate 3

Hi all,

I have fixed SHA extension.

> Please don't use the ".sha" extension ;
> use ".sha1", ".sha256", or ".sha512" instead.

> ref : http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums

Thanks,
Nozomi

�����: Sergio Fern��ndez <wi...@apache.org>