Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com> on 2013/09/02 07:41:37 UTC

Re: New root volume from snapshot

You can create template from this snapshot and then restore the vm from
this new template id.
Internally it will discard the old root volume and start the vm with a new
disk from this new template
I think this is possible in 4.2. Give it a shot and see how it goes :)

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <ha...@citrix.com>.
After creating the template try this API.
http://localhost:8096/client/api?command=restoreVirtualMachine&virtualmachineid=<vm id>&templateid=<template id>

-Harikrishna