Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Ar...@bka.bund.de on 2014/06/23 14:47:39 UTC

Annotation sets?

Hello!

Are there annotations sets in UIMA? With annotations sets you can group annotations. For example, you may have named entity annotations in a gold standard set and the actual named entities found by an analysis engine in another set. In both sets the location entities are named Location, the organization entities Organization and so on. Please don't tell me that I can use views for this. I know that views can and are abused for nearly everything. I've done it myself: a view for the gold standard, another for the actual annotations, yet another for the true and false positives and false negatives of person names, the next for the true and false positives and false negatives for the organization names, etc. I don't want to copy the whole text to another view. Is there a concept like annotation sets in UIMA?

Cheers,
Armin

Re: Annotation sets?

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Afaik, there is no built-in concept of annotation sets.

What people have done is, to create a new type e.g. "AnnotationSet" with a feature referencing all FSes in that annotation set. E.g. the U-Compare system includes support for such a concept.

Cheers,

-- Richard