Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2010/02/15 14:28:23 UTC

log4j 1.2.16 RC1 when people.apache.org comes back up

people.apache.org has been unresponsive for 6 or so hours now.  I have not seen any explanation on infrastructure@apache or estimate of when it will be accessible.  Unfortunate timing.  Will monitor the situation and cut log4j 1.2.16 RC1 at first opportunity.

I reverted the "prudent" mode patch in rev 910151.  Working with the hat of "release manager", it seemed to be prudent not to delay 1.2.16 by including a contested code fragment.  The reversion should not be interpreted as anything else.

Re: log4j 1.2.16 RC1 when people.apache.org comes back up

Posted by Ceki Gulcu <ce...@qos.ch>.
On 15.02.2010 14:28, Curt Arnold wrote:

 > I reverted the "prudent" mode patch in rev 910151.  Working with the
 > hat of "release manager", it seemed to be prudent not to delay 1.2.16
 > by including a contested code fragment.  The reversion should not be
 > interpreted as anything else.

It doesn't look like you are having any regrets about your
inappropriate actions. As I tried to explain, you cannot look at some
code, copy it almost verbatim and then claim it as your own original
creation. It's called copyright infringement. The document Ralph
mentioned is quite helpful in this regard:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

--
Ceki Gülcü