Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by vanita jain <va...@vassoft.net> on 2009/10/01 10:20:25 UTC

Running multiple ofbiz code on different ports of tomcat

Hi

I need to run ofbiz application on two different ports of tomcat.
Can anyone provide me all the required steps for it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Vanita Jain

Re: Running multiple ofbiz code on different ports of tomcat

Posted by "dhiraj.g" <dh...@nic.in>.
Hi Amit Sharma,
Your  answer is for a single module when port is busy.when it gives the Bind
Exception(0.0.0.0.8080).

Thanks
Dhiraj Gupta
9990220686

-----
dhirajgupta

Re: Running multiple ofbiz code on different ports of tomcat

Posted by Amit Sharma <am...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Vanita,

You need to change port number on
framework/base/config/ofbiz-containers.xml and
framework/webapp/config/url.properties files.
--
Amit Sharma

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Vanita ,

This can help you:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide

Thanks & Regards
-----
Deepak Dixit

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com>.
Vanita,

with the guidance given above you are able to control the listen port of
your ofbiz instance.

If I get your requirement correctly, you want to run two different instances
of ofbiz running on the same machine using different ports to be accessed?
So you need to have two copies of ofbiz in different logical paths on your
machine (well, you could run with one copy, but then that concept works only
on unix/linux and requires (a) deep level ofbiz config knowledge and (b)
some extended symlinking).

Well, moreover, your URLs will then not look nice. For example if you
configure your instance of OFBiz to listen on ports 18080 ans 28080. then
each user needs to know the appropriate ports to add into URI which will
then look like:
Instance A: http://localhost:18080/ecommerce/control/main
Instance B: http://localhost:28080/ecommerce/control/main

A very typical practice to "hide" these details from users is to use an
Apache in front of your ofbiz that translates a certain URL into the
destination using portmapping. Of course you could also have a network
device (Content Switch, Load Balancer, etc.) do this mapping for you.

Let me know if this goes the direction of your original question...

Regards

Carsten

2009/10/3 Vanita <va...@vassoft.net>

> It didn't solved my problem.
> Kindly,tell me where else i need to make changes?
>
> Vanita
>
> Vanita wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I need to run ofbiz application on two different ports of tomcat.
> > Can anyone provide me all the required steps for it?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Regards
> > Vanita Jain

Best

Carsten Schinzer

Waisenhausstr. 53a
80637 München
Germany

Re: Running multiple ofbiz code on different ports of tomcat

Posted by Yashwant Dhakad <ya...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Amit,
See this link for technical setup guide for OFBiz
https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBTECH/apache-ofbiz-technical-production-setup-guide.html

Thanks & Regard
--
Yashwant Dhakad

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This has been finally completely implemented in trunk, and backported in R13.07, so will be available in next release.

Are concerned the following ant targets:
run-tests
start
start-*
status
stop

Check "ant -p" for more,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by to...@gmail.com.

--
Anil Soni
+91-9930302283cell

Re: Running multiple ofbiz code on different ports of tomcat

Posted by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com>.

Posted by Vanita <va...@vassoft.net>.
It didn't solved my problem.