Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by aditsu <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2008/11/20 12:21:09 UTC

Generics changes in 1.4-rc1

Hi, I've been using m3 for a while and just tried switching to rc1. I found
several problems:
- LabelTree.getNodeTextModel requires IModel and returns IModel. I was
overriding it and returning a Model<String>, but I can't do that anymore.
Why not just return IModel<?> ?
- RatingPanel now requires an IModel<Integer> for the rating, but I was
using IModel<Double>. How can I show "rated 3.6 from 7 votes" now? Can it
use IModel<? extends Number> instead?
- BaseTree requires IModel<TreeModel>; I was using a Model with a
DefaultTreeModel object, but I can't do that anymore (TreeModel is not
necessarily Serializable). Why not just require IModel<? extends TreeModel>
?

Adrian

Re: Generics changes in 1.4-rc1

Posted by aditsu <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Johan Compagner wrote:

> Please make issues for this in jira

Since you said issues, I created 3 issues: WICKET-1947, WICKET-1948,
WICKET-1949

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.