Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by sarma <ss...@mahindrabt.com> on 2006/06/23 16:14:11 UTC

how i protect my jsf pages from direct access

I want to protect these pages :
/utilisateur.*
/menugen.*

sniplet of my web.xml and it security section:
<web-app>
<welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.jsf</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>
        <security-constraint>
                <display-name>
                        Prevent access to raw JSP pages that are for JSF
pages.
                </display-name>
                <web-resource-collection>

<web-resource-name>Raw-JSF-JSP-Pages</web-resource-name>
                        <!-- Add url-pattern for EACH raw JSP page -->
                        <url-pattern>/utilisateur.*</url-pattern>
                        <url-pattern>/menugen.*</url-pattern>
                </web-resource-collection>
                <auth-constraint>
                        <description>No roles, so no direct
access</description>
                </auth-constraint>
        </security-constraint>
</web-app>

When i directly type the URL :
http://localhost:9000/supLegerWebJSF/utilisateur.jsf
the page is shown !
what did i miss ?
JL PASTUREL

Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: how i protect my jsf pages from direct access

Posted by sarma <ss...@mahindrabt.com>.
even though i put it in directory  it is not working in tomcat 5.0

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.4" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
	<display-name>ChartCreatorWebApp</display-name>

 	<security-constraint>
       <web-resources-collection>
          <web-resources-name>protected</web-resources-name>
          <url-pattern>/protected/*.jsp</url-pattern>
      </web-resources-collection>

   </security-constraint>
    <welcome-file-list>
     <welcome-file>first.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>
  <resource-ref>
    <description>Oracle Datasource example</description>
    <res-ref-name>jdbc/myoracle</res-ref-name>
    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>
</web-app>

here i am able to access

http://localhost:8080/protected/second.jsp

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
Container managed authentication (CMA) only supports path-based or
extension-based mappings.  That means the following works:

/directory/* (path-based)
*.jsp (extension-based)

And that's it.  For this reason, I recommend using something like
Acegi Security or SecurityFilter - they're much more flexible.

Matt