Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Horace Pinker <fl...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/26 14:49:35 UTC

stun server based on mina

hi adam,

could you tell us more about your stun server implementation? how does mina perform? is your stun server a port ?

thanks.adam fisk wrote:

Quick note:  I'm not trying to spark a Grizzly/MINA battle by any means.  I
just started using MINA after having implemented several generic NIO
frameworks myself, and I absolutely love MINA's approach.  It allowed me to
code a STUN server in 2 days, and I'm porting my SIP server now.

____________________________________________________________________________________Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.
http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/

Re: stun server based on mina

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

On 5/26/07, Adam Fisk <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a STUN server I just wrote from scratch, and I haven't done any
> performance testing on it yet.  Overall I've found MINA to be easier to use
> for binary protocols that plain text protocols, although I guess that's
> generally the case.

Implementing text protocol will also become very easy soon... ;)

> Note the STUN server's not complete by any means.  All I need it for is the
> binding request and response at this point to get your public address, so
> I'm not using the shared secret or anything like that.  It is using the very
> latest STUN draft, though, with the magic cookie handling and all of that.
>
> It's not public yet, but we'll be releasing it as open source in the next
> few months (not 100% sure on the license yet).  If you want the code, drop
> me a line.  It's well tested and a straightforward, clean implementation.

Wow!  Please ping us when you are ready to release it, so we can list
your project in our web site.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: stun server based on mina

Posted by Adam Fisk <ad...@gmail.com>.
It's a STUN server I just wrote from scratch, and I haven't done any
performance testing on it yet.  Overall I've found MINA to be easier to use
for binary protocols that plain text protocols, although I guess that's
generally the case.

Note the STUN server's not complete by any means.  All I need it for is the
binding request and response at this point to get your public address, so
I'm not using the shared secret or anything like that.  It is using the very
latest STUN draft, though, with the magic cookie handling and all of that.

It's not public yet, but we'll be releasing it as open source in the next
few months (not 100% sure on the license yet).  If you want the code, drop
me a line.  It's well tested and a straightforward, clean implementation.

-Adam