Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jorge Vásquez <jv...@3eyegroup.com> on 2006/07/28 03:37:02 UTC

tree2 images problem...

Regards,

I know that this subject has been treated lots of times but unfortunately I
haven´t found a clear and helpful answer in other mails.

I have defined specific images to use with this component and have placed
them in images..

The following is a fragment from my .xhtml file (In case it matters I am
using Facelets):

<h:form id="treeForm">

            <!-- Expand/Collapse Handled By Server -->

            <t:tree2 id="serverTree" value="#{searchTreeBean.treeModel}"
var="node" varNodeToggler="t"

org.apache.myfaces.tree2.CLIENT_SIDE_TOGGLE="#{searchTreeBean.booleanFalse}"

org.apache.myfaces.tree2.SHOW_ROOT_NODE="#{searchTreeBean.booleanFalse}"

org.apache.myfaces.tree2.SHOW_LINES="#{searchTreeBean.booleanFalse}"

org.apache.myfaces.tree2.SHOW_NAV="#{searchTreeBean.booleanFalse}">

                  <f:facet name="searchableLibrariesFolder">

                        <h:panelGroup>

                             <t:graphicImage value="#{node.iconOpen}"

                                   rendered="#{t.nodeExpanded}"
style="border:0px" />

                             <t:graphicImage value="#{node.icon}"

                                   rendered="#{!t.nodeExpanded}"
style="border:0px" />

                             <h:outputText value="#{node.description}"
styleClass="nodeFolder" />

                        </h:panelGroup>

                  </f:facet>

                  <f:facet name="libraryFolder">

                        <h:panelGroup>

                             <t:graphicImage value="#{node.iconOpen}"

                                   rendered="#{t.nodeExpanded}"
style="border:0px" />

                             <t:graphicImage value="#{node.icon}"

                                   rendered="#{!t.nodeExpanded}"
style="border:0px" />

                             <h:outputText value="#{node.description}"
styleClass="nodeFolder" />

                        </h:panelGroup>

                  </f:facet>

……………………

My tree gets loaded for the first time appropriately but after a request is
made the images that I defined stop appearing.

These images are located in:

WebContent/pages/images/timages/… ";

And they are mapped to a property named icon that I created in a class that
extends from TreeNodeBase.

I also have verified my web.xml a thousand times and the filter is
configured accordingly as follows:

<filter>

  <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-clas
s>

  <init-param>

   <param-name>uploadMaxFileSize</param-name>

   <param-value>100m</param-value>

  </init-param>

  <init-param>

   <param-name>uploadThresholdSize</param-name>

   <param-value>100k</param-value>

  </init-param>

 </filter>

<filter-mapping>

  <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>

  <url-pattern>/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/*</url-pattern>

 </filter-mapping>

 <filter-mapping>

  <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>

  <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>

 </filter-mapping>

I have tried the solution recommended in other mails with the imageLocation
attribute but then the problem is even worst since no images appear on
screen.

Please, somebody help me!!!!

I don´t mean to sound too dummy but if somebody can give me a detailed
example where he/she uses his/her own images and shows me how to configure
the web page, the imageLocation attribute and the web.xml, I think that it
would definitely suffice.

Thanks in advance,

JV

RE: tree2 images problem...

Posted by Jorge Vásquez <jv...@3eyegroup.com>.
Problem solved for now:

I changed the path of each image to be absolute and it started working.

Regards,

JV

p.d:  One new problem in case anyone knows:  As I post a new request the
opened nodes are lost, I have to navigate again…in other words no state of
the opened nodes is kept.

  _____