Posted to scm-users@maven.apache.org by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/09 14:51:08 UTC

Merging and switching

Hi there,

Has there been any discussion on supporting merging and switching in
maven-scm?  I'm thinking especially with regard to Subversion,
although I'm not entirely sure if these operations map to all other
SCMs.

It'd be very handy to expose these in the plugin to supplement scm:branch, e.g.:

mvn scm:merge -Dbranch=mybranch
mvn scm:switch -Dbranch=mybranch

I'll raise issues if this functionality makes sense.

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Merging and switching

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 09/07/07, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> Do you want to implement them?

Hehe, I'd love to if I had the time!  I'll let you know if I do get
the chance in future.

Mark

Re: Merging and switching

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Mark Hobson a écrit :
> On 09/07/07, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:
>> We don't have an issue for them so you can raise one.
>>
>> I'm not sure we'll can use them with other SCMs. If they aren't
>> supported, we'd can do a working copyremove then a new checkout.
>
> Cool, raised issues:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-327
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-328

Thanks.