Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/12/12 11:10:33 UTC

[Trinidad] Making date-converter lenient

As TRINIDAD-859 (see [1]) mentions, currently an input like "January
4, 2004" fails.
To make the converter more lenient, we (internally) will apply some
patterns, when calling
getAsObject().

A little question I have is, should these patterns be applied always?
Or... only if there is no pattern/secondaryPattern set for the converter.

I'd vote for the always applying them.

What are your thoughts?

-Matthias

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-859

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [Trinidad] Making date-converter lenient

Posted by Blake Sullivan <bl...@oracle.com>.
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> As TRINIDAD-859 (see [1]) mentions, currently an input like "January
> 4, 2004" fails.
> To make the converter more lenient, we (internally) will apply some
> patterns, when calling
> getAsObject().
>
> A little question I have is, should these patterns be applied always?
> Or... only if there is no pattern/secondaryPattern set for the converter.
>
> I'd vote for the always applying them.
>
> What are your thoughts?
>
> -Matthias
>

> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-859

As long as the leniency doesn't add any ambiguity, leniency is always
good for the user.

-- Blake Sullivan