Posted to user@ant.apache.org by cactuar <su...@hotmail.com> on 2007/08/22 23:19:48 UTC

How to run Java on HP

I am running Java on HP platforms (PA-RISC and Itanium).  The HP Support
suggested me to add "-d64" option to the command line to run the 64-bit
binaries. They said it is used to get past the heap size limitations.  I
could not get it to run without "-d64" option on our 64 bit environment.  My
command line looks like this:
java -d64 -jar myApp.jar

I am now trying to get our java application running using Ant.  Is it
possible to run the Java app this way using Ant?

Thank you.

Re: How to run Java on HP

Posted by Andrew Goktepe <an...@gmail.com>.
Running your program from within an Ant script:
<java jar="myApp.jar" fork="true">
    <jvmarg value="-d64" />
</java>

If you need to run Ant itself in 64-bit Java set ANT_OPTS="-d64"

-Andrew